2 Weeks Old

Tuesday marked little miss Averie’s turning 2 weeks old — that’s half a month already! It seems like we only just brought her home.She weighed in at a good 8lbs, 5oz – she had gotten down to 6lbs 14oz at one point, so that was good progress! (Her original starting weight was 7lbs, 9oz). All her measurements were right in the middle of the curve, so she’s in rockstar shape.She’s still wearing newborn clothes – some of them are starting to get a bit small, some of them are still huge. Funny how that works out! She really likes to lay on my chest after she’s done eating and fall asleep. After laying there for a while she seems to decide that she’d prefer to lay on the other side of her face and she’ll spend a few seconds figuring out how to lift her head up and turn to face the other direction. It’s still an uncoordinated bobbing motion, but she gets there – and I’m sure over the coming weeks it’ll improve even more!

A girl from work stopped out and took some pictures of Averie last Sunday to work on her portfolio. I’ve seen a couple of them and they’re super cute. As soon as she gets the rest of them to me, I’ll be sure to post a few!

She’s decided that she only likes it when her daddy puts her in the crib — whenever I do it, she starts to scream and fuss. Last week she loved being put in her crib when she was wide awake, now this week I have to make sure she’s extremely passed out before she’ll let me put her in there, and then it’s for a shorter period of time since she’s usually managed to nap for a good 20 minutes before I put her into the crib in the first place. Daddy, however, can pick her up at almost any time and put her in the crib and she’s just fine!

Today we played with our sling – after a couple of tries I managed to get her situated into it just right and we walked around the house for a bit to make sure she was okay with it, then we walked to the mailbox at the end of the street and back home. After she survived that I decided she’d probably make it to main street and back, so I wrote out a check for our internet bill and we hiked down there — she snored the whole way there and back!

When Aaron left he put her down for me so she napped for the first while that he was gone. I managed to get a few things done around the house in the earlier hours. Then off and on between her feedings tonight I’ve put her back into the sling and carried her around while I worked on other tasks — Throughout the day I’ve managed to catch up all of our laundry, wash and put away the dishes in the dishwasher, picked up the kitchen and living room, spot cleaned the bathroom, and vacuumed the floors. Hurrah! That just leaves the trash and the cat litter for Aaron to do tonight (it’s garbage night). I’m proud of myself, but I’m getting exhausted, so I’m thinking that after this next feeding of hers that I’ll let her crash out on my chest and I’ll take a nap too…

Right, that’s about it for updates for the moment. I’ll leave ya with a couple of pictures!

Post navigation

Comments are closed.

%d bloggers like this: